Privacy Information for Schools
What data is collected?
- Emroy Creative Group uses Google Apps to integrate with their yearbook project management workflow as a means of efficiently and safely obtaining information, images and content from schools.
- The use of Google Apps may mean that student personal information and data will be collected by Google during this process.
- This personal information will include any information that is provided to us via the Google Apps service; such as information or data contained in emails, Docs, Drive or spreadsheets (including text, images, photographs, sound and multimedia).
How is the data used?
- Google stores and processes personal information solely for the purposes of providing the Google Apps service.
- Google Apps services do not collect or use student personal information and data for advertising purposes or to create advertising profiles.
- Google will only disclose this data if compelled to do so by law.
Is the data secure?
- Google is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all of their users, including students.
- Google has strong security systems in place to keep personal information secure, including an encrypted HTTPS connection.
- Google’s physical data centre access is restricted to authorised personnel and multiple layers of physical security are implemented.
- Google personnel are only able to access user data in extremely limited circumstances and subject to rigorous approval and oversight.
When is the data deleted?
- Emroy Creative Group & Google both use encrypted backup storage as another layer of protection to help recover from potential disasters.
- Data can remain on these systems for up to six months. Unless required by law, Google & Emroy Creative Group will delete data requested for deletion from its systems within 180 days of the request.
- As with any deletion process, things such as routine maintenance, unexpected outages, bugs or failures in our protocols may cause delays in the processes and time frames defined in this document.
- We maintain systems designed to detect and remediate such issues.
Where is the data?
- Google holds user data in its data centres that are located around the world.
Who else uses Google in the education sector?
- Department of Education (NSW)
- Sydney Catholic Schools
- Parramatta Catholic Schools
- Several independent schools around Australia